Date: 9/7/17 10:16 am
From: Kathy Van Der Aue via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club First "Wednesday" Walk
We postponed until Thursday due to the threat of inclement weather and we
really had a great morning. We had 31 species (maybe others saw more) with
the highlight being three Whimbrel who gave good looks as they relocated to
a nearby sandbar on the rising tide. Straggling birders lucked out at the
end as an American Golden Plover flew in. Best represented on the bars
were Black-bellied Plovers. American Oystercatchers were plentiful but out
on the breakwater and difficult to make out detail in less than optimum
light.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Full eBird list here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39049384

Kathy Van Der Aue