Date: 9/7/17 7:55 am
From: Margaret Brittingham <mxb21...>
Subject: Arboretum Bird Walk
We had a great first of the season migration bird walk. We stayed along
the edge of the upper field and tried to pick out the "non-goldfinches"
foraging among the goldfinches which were everywhere. We had good views of
black-throated green warblers, magnolia warblers, common yellowthroats and
towhees. We also had a least flycatcher and American redstart and
potential Cape May Warbler and Wilson's Warbler. Complete list is below.
Next walk is Thursday Sept 14.

--
PSU Arboretum, Centre, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 7, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM

Turkey Vulture 3
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 2
Fish Crow 1
Common Raven 2
American Robin 1
Gray Catbird 8
Brown Thrasher 1
Common Yellowthroat 5
American Redstart 1
Magnolia Warbler 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 3
Black-throated Green Warbler 3
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.) 2
Song Sparrow 1
Eastern Towhee 5
House Finch 8
American Goldfinch 40

walks start at 8:00 AM and end at 9:30 AM. Meet at the Arboretum Pavilion
parking area (off Park Avenue across from Law School). All levels of
experience are welcome. Walks will be cancelled with steady rain.

Bird Walk Dates -

Thursday Sept 14

Friday Sept 22

Saturday Sept 23