Date: 9/7/17 7:30 am
From: Nickel, James B <James.Nickel...>
Subject: Marion county Red-shoulded hawks
I went behind my house to the pond today. I saw 2 red shouldered hawks. 1 was mature and the other was a juvenile. Both were calling and I saw both in full light. In over 30 years birding Marion County this was the first time I have seen this hawk in the county. Migrant action was slow, but I ended up seeing a pair of American redstarts by the spring behind the house.
One other odd note: Morton county is greener than Marion County right now. I saw standing water in the shelter belt at Elkhart, a week ago. How often does that happen? Best wishes to all, Jim Nickel

Sent from my iPhone
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>