Date: 9/6/17 6:15 pm
From: 'Eugene Hunn' <enhunn323...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Bodega Bay and vicinity today
NiBBers,

Lots of birds at Bodega Bay today. Just east of the Stallcup Overlook on the
Doran Peninsula late morning were three basic Red Knots plus the usual
suspects, including at least one Long-billed Dowitcher with ca. 200
Short-billed (all juveniles), and an early fresh juvenile Herring Gull. At
Owl Canyon I found a Black-throated Gray Warbler, two Yellows, and a
Wilson's, three Warbling Vireos, two Bullock's Orioles, a Western Tanager, a
"Western Flycatcher," a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and a Selasphorus hummer. In
the cypress grove back of Bodega Head there was an elusive Willow Flycatcher
(spotted first by Peter Colasanti) and some 14 basic plumaged Marbled
Murrelets well offshore, including one tight flock of 10. At the Salmon
Creek pond at the SR 1 bridge there were three Wood Ducks and a Green Heron.
Finally, at the Bodega Farm Pond there were 3 FOS Wilson's Snipes.

My e-bird reports originally listed a Black Tern and an American Redstart
(since deleted). I need to proof the lists more carefully as species appear
somehow by magic (probably "butt checks") that I never intended to list.

Gene Hunn

Petaluma

Join us on Facebook!