Date: 9/6/17 6:09 pm
From: Benton County Big Sit <bentoncountybigsit...>
Subject: [obol] Benton County Big Sit; September 24!
Hi all,
The Benton County Big Sit is just a little over 2 weeks away! This is a
great excuse to visit Finley NWR in the heart of the Willamette Valley.

The Benton County Big Sit is organized by Isaac Denzer, Kai Frueh, and Ben
Frueh who are all very enthusiastic teenage birders trying to support bird
conservation by raising money for organizations involved in bird
conservation. During the fundraiser we will count bird species for 15 hours
from the Cabell Marsh blind at Finley NWR (which has a 17ft diameter).

The money we raise will be evenly divided between the following
organizations:

Friends of the Willamette Valley NWR complex
Friends of Malheur NWR
Corvallis Audubon
Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Last year's sit was a huge success; we ended the day with 72 species and
$2722 raised for bird conservation! This year our goal is to raise over
$3000.
Please help us meet our goal!!

Where? Cabell Marsh Blind in Finley NWR,
Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//44.4164372,-123.3187907/@44
.4149117,-123.3172329,1429m/data=!3m1!1e3

When? Sunday September 24, for 15 hours!

We encourage the public to drop in any time between 6:35am and 7:35pm.

How can you support our cause? You can help our cause by pledging money
(per species or a fixed amount). If you would like to pledge, please either
fill out the pledge sheet attached below and send it to
<Bentoncountybigsit...> or come to the blind on Sunday September 24
where we will have pledge sheets and a donation box available. Please
spread the word about this event.

If you have any questions please email us at <Bentoncountybigsit...>
If you would like more information please see our website:
https://bcbigsit.blogspot.com/

We hope to see you at Cabell Marsh blind on September 24!
The Benton County Big Sit team

Join us on Facebook!