Date: 9/6/17 4:50 pm
Subject: Nash Co. Turf farm, Aug 25, Sep.6--not much, just changes in Killdeer##
First visit only 7 Killdeer; numbers and quality up since then (others). .

Only using 8x bins, but would have noticed harriers and bigger numbers of shorebirds.

Today, while winds still from south (but storms last night), thought I might see good species before they were pushed out by the change to north winds (plus storms at 4:30 P).

3:30-3:30 P using scope, 36 Killdeer and 2 peep (Semis?). Earlier obs were mainly southwest corner, gate 3, but 10 Killdeer and 2 peep there, while 26 more Killdeer were at gate 2 (also broken land, birds not seeming to care for turf).

One H. Lark seen flying far away. 20 Rock Pigeon--sure to eat seeds if they are seeding grass! These pigeons roost on several I-95 nearby bridges and surely eat other stuff too.

No harriers.

Killdeer surely lurk elsewhere--a small pasture on Richneck Road in Halifax County had 5 at 4:50P. Usual spot for Least Sandp. and snipe when mud pond lower.

Frank Enders, Halifax, NC

Join us on Facebook!