Date: 9/6/17 1:29 pm
From: Barbara Deihl <barbdeihl...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Ash Tuesday in Seattle
Not only was the heat oppressive, and the sun and moon blood red, but wildfire ash from central WA and the OR areas fires, was drifting down on everything here in Seattle. I felt bad for the spiders - newly made webs were trapping only ash particles and turning unsticky. Later in the day, I found one of the photographed webs to have been refreshed, just on the inside circles, yet no insectage was apparent yet. The whole thing has had shades of the Mt. St. Helens fallout experience of May 1980. This ash seems to be minus the abrasive silica component of the St. Helens ash - just messy and unhealthy for the pulmonary tract. I don't recall seeing the sunlight as bright orange-red then as this has been. And I've seen no dying birds or ones in respiratory distress as I did for 4 days near Moses Lake after the eruption of Ms. Helen. This ash layer is decidedly thinner, too.
My yard was and now is very alive with the busy sounds and activities of flickers, jays, crows and the sweet little birds making their way to sources of water and one black-sunflower feeder I have out now. One squirrel shows up and, at night, baby rats appear in trees and bushes. It is fairly still and definitely a strange time.
Climate derangement?

Barb Deihl
Tweeters mailing list
<Tweeters...>