Date: 9/6/17 1:15 pm
From: Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Sandy Point string fencing removal moved to Friday Sept. 8th at 10am - HELP APPRECIATED
DATE CHANGE! Rain has moved the fencing removal date at Sandy Point in West Haven to: Friday, September 8th at 10 a.m.

Assisting not only helps the Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds but it also greatly aids those at CT DEEP who have extremely limited time. It also limits the stress on young, feeding and migrant birds. Please remember that taking down fencing can be physically demanding because of the potential heat and humidity, and those who join us should remember a few things:
-wear sunscreen and a hat
-drink plenty of water or sports drink and bring a snack
-do not attempt to carry too many stakes as there will be enough volunteers and staff members so that no one should overexert themselves
-anyone who needs to limit physical exertion should stick to winding up string rolls
-take as many breaks as needed

In general we look for everyone we can to help out even if you are not a past plover monitor or volunteer - the more the merrier. It also makes for a more pleasant morning of bird watching and discussions on the beach. Please email us at <ctwaterbirds...> if you can join us, and thank you!

Cheers,
Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe

IBA Program Coordinator
Audubon Connecticut