Date: 9/6/17 12:18 pm
From: Wilson Cady <gorgebirds...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Skamania Chestnut-sided Warbler
Being housebound from the heavy smoke and being on fire watch from the Columbia Gorge fires, I was just watching our bird bath and mister from the kitchen window as a large group of warblers and WARBLING VIREOS came to the water, there were over a dozen BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERS,4 YELLOW WARBLERS, 3 TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS, 2 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS AND 4 WARBLING VIREOS in the group. An unfamiliar looking warbler flew in and I was able to grab a camera and get some photos of a juvenile plumaged CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER, a Skamania County first. The bird s not chase-able as the flock was moving through the woods heading south. I will post photo on my eBird report and on the Washington Birding and Western Washington facebook pages. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA