Date: 9/6/17 11:01 am
From: Doug Wentzel <djw105...>
Subject: September 6th Migration Morning at Shaver's Creek
Greetings all,

The rain let up a little before our group gathered, so we were able to stay dry and enjoy a good diversity of species. Most of our time was spent near the Stone Valley office, as we heard and saw a good bit of bird activity on the lake, in the pines and around the landscape plantings. Of special note, we observed 13 Pine Warblers foraging together along a 3 m stretch of paved trail. Could not discern if they were picking up grit or food — but we were able to exceed our daily requirement of seeing Pine Warblers. Additional highlights for our group of ten including a Great Blue Heron flying half the length of the lake, a preening Brown Creeper, foraging Blackburnian Warbler, and a nice look at a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher.

Thanks to Wiscoy for Animals for their continued support and our bird walk series continues next Wednesday from 7:30 to 9 am.

Best,
Doug

Shaver's Creek Env. Center--Boardwalk, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 6, 2017 7:15 AM - 9:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.4 mile(s)
37 species