Date: 9/6/17 7:58 am
From: Vjera Thompson <nemesisquail...>
Subject: [obol] Fun Cal Quail sighting
This morning, I did my usual walk from the bus station in downtown
Springfield to my work on South A St. Typically there's not many birds on
South A proper, and I focus on listening/watching for birds south of the
railroad tracks (along the new Mill Race Bike Path). But today I had a fun
surprise right on South A. As I was walking under the red decorative plum
trees, I heard a sputtering about 12-15 feet up. Out flushed a California
Quail, then several more, until 17 in all popped out of the tree. This is
a high count for my work neighborhood list.

Vjera Thompson
Eugene, OR
<nemesisquail...>
or <vireogirl...>