Date: 9/5/17 7:58 pm
From: Lisa Hug <lisahug...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] southern Sonoma County
Hi Birders,

Today, I led a Marin Audubon Society walk down along Highway 37 from
Reclamation Road to Port Sonoma.

It was very warm, but we managed to eke out some interesting birds. The
violet-green swallows and the Vaux's swifts are in full swing right now
on their journey south. We had the largest flock of Vaux's swifts I
think I have ever seen. There were probably 70 or 80 birds swirling
above us at one time. About 80 Violet-green swallows perched on wires
for us, so we could study the differences between the males, females and
immatures ( they were too hot to move).

On the way to meet the group, I stopped at Shollenberger Park (in
Petaluma). There were 8 red-necked phalaropes in the pond nearest the
Point Blue building. There were also 5 Pacific golden-plovers in the
tidal mudflat field to the south (otherwise known as Gray's Field).
They used to be fairly regular in that spot, but haven't been seen there
for about 5 years, that I can remember. It was just like old times. I
posted lousy pictures in my ebird checklist.

Lisa Hug
Sebastopol, CA

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)