Date: 9/5/17 7:19 pm
From: marty bray <mborcc...>
Subject: [obol] Prairie Falcon at Alsea Bay Spit
Today while I was birding on the Alsea Bay Spit a Prairie Falcon landed on
a driftwood snag about 100 yards away. It stayed on the perch for about
three minutes, then flew south over the mouth of the Alsea River.
I checked with Wayne Hoffman, who reviewed Don Campbell's photos of a
Prairie Falcon at Yaquina Head from August 26, 2017, and Wayne was
confident that they were two different individuals. Interestingly, Wayne
thought that these two sightings (the only recent ones in Lincoln County
that he is aware of) in such a short time period could possibly be birds
that were displaced by fires.

Cheers,
Marty Bray

[image: Inline image 1]