Date: 9/5/17 12:18 pm
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Devereux Beach and Dune Pond
This morning, two Baird's Sandpipers hung out together west of Coal Oil Point Reserve and a third Baird's Sandpiper was with a Ruddy Turnstone also at the west end and west of COPR on Ellwood Beach. Dennis Ringer saw this turnstone at marker 775 on the Devereux Beach.
One, and possibly 2, Common Tern were at the far S end of the slough channel.
The Dune Pond had lots of species possibly because I stuck around long enough to watch a variety of things pass through. 2 Spotted Sandpipers but no Solitary. 10 Short-billed Dowitcher juvs, 3 Greater and 1 Lesser Yellowlegs, and a few Least Sandpipers were present. A Myiarchus Flycatcher and 2 Western Kingbirds flew over and continued westwards.
I'll post a more complete report on eBird this afternoon.

Mark Holmgren
Santa Barbara

------------------------------------
Posted by: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)