Date: 9/5/17 10:43 am
From: Brian Fitch <fogeggs...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Sutro Baths & B-t Sparrow
I spent an hour this morning at the Baths, with no unusual species, but two
interesting plumages. One was a Pomerine Jaeger with a full set of spoon
tail feathers, flying high over the sea chasing a Heermann's Gull. The
other was a Pigeon Guillemot, one of the latest staying I've seen, so late
that it was starting to molt into basic, with some white frosting on the
head and mantle. It was carrying a fish toward the breeding rocks.

Around 9, I spotted the Black-throated Sparrow in it's aforementioned
parking lot at Battery Caulfield and Washington, but was unable to refind
the Lark Bunting at Crissey.

Brian Fitch

Join us on Facebook!