Date: 9/5/17 9:42 am
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Re: Masked/Nazca Juvenile crescent bay 4 SEP
After getting some feedback about our field notes yesterday (Thank you Jim
Pike and Curtis Marantz) I think it's best we revert to booby sp. on this
sighting. We just didn't get a good enough look at key field marks to rule
out a juvenile Blue-footed as well. Lighting was poor and the bird wasn't
terribly close (It was probably more than 200 yards).

So... we did see a booby, and it was either Blue-footed, Masked or Nazca.
It's probably sitting on the oil rigs...

Guess that's birding though...

Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 7:51 AM, Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> wrote:

> Steve Sosensky, Bruce Aird and I had a Juvenile Masked/Nazca Booby fly by
> Crescent Bay Point Park around 7:25am. Bird was heading north about 200
> yards off the point. We were able to make out a white collar, pale bill,
> white tail and developing white on the mantle. Sadly we got no photos. Keep
> an eye out up north if you're on the coast.
>
> Jeff Bray
> Irvine, CA

Join us on Facebook!