Date: 9/5/17 7:35 am
From: 'Tito Gonzalez' <txsandpiper...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Interesting Myiarchus Flycatcher; Carlsbad 4 SEPT 2017
I observed and heard an interesting Myiarchus flycatcher yesterday morning
(4SEP 2107) in Carlsbad which appeared to be a good candidate for a GREAT
CRESTED FLYCATCHER. Analysis of photos, listening to call recordings on
Xeno-canto, and documentation are ongoing. Feedback from a couple of experts
are mixed. Despite all the caveats, I wanted to give location in case
someone wanted to try to chase it. I tried to relocate it late yesterday
afternoon without success. The location is the Golf Course Trail that cuts
through the Crossing Golf course in Carlsbad. Park at Veteran's Park at
trail head at 1530 Faraday (33.134512, -117.302226 ). Follow signs for golf
course trail that leads to tunnel under the road. After coming out of
tunnel, take trail to left that wraps around the green. The bird was
observed in riparian area about 50 yards south of bridge along service road
that runs southeast.

Tito Gonzalez

Carlsbad, CA

Join us on Facebook!