Date: 9/5/17 7:37 am
From: Jack Daynes <jackdaynes...>
Subject: [obol] RFI: Coastal Birding
Hello all,

I've been staying with relatives in smoky Medford after zigzagging east
to west over southern Oregon, birding as I go along. When I leave here
in a day or two, I'd like to finish my visit to Oregon by driving north
into the Willamette Valley and crossing the coastal range before turning
south. My thought is I should explore the sloughs and beaches while I
drive south into northern California, then cross into the central valley
and stick my nose into the reserves as I continue south (Colusa,
Sacramento, Merced, ...).

I'd be grateful for advice on places to visit along the coast from
Reedsport or Newport south. Rarities, while fun, are not what motivate
my explorations. I'm happiest when finding cool places and meeting
whatever birds that happen to be there.

TIA,

--
-- Jack --