Date: 9/5/17 4:39 am
Subject: Re: Common Nighthawks. eBird -- US-NC-Black Mountain-510 NC-9 Ingles parking lot -- Sep 4, 2017
Interesting post since the evening before (Sunday) I was in Pittsboro NC practicing tennis serves when during the ball toss I looked up to see a flock of birds flying overhead. At first I thought they were chimneys swifts. But shape and wing beats wrong. Then on closer examination (albeit without binoculars) I saw the white stripes on at least one bird. Estimate 60-70 migrating Common Nighthawks.

Chris Canfield

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 4, 2017, at 7:48 PM, James.poling <james.poling...> wrote:
>

> James Poling, Black Mountain, NC
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "James.poling" <james.poling...>
>> Date: September 4, 2017 at 7:47:24 PM EDT
>> To: james poling <james.poling...>
>> Subject: eBird -- US-NC-Black Mountain-510 NC-9 Ingles parking lot -- Sep 4, 2017
>>
>> US-NC-Black Mountain-510 NC-9 Ingles parking lot
>> Sep 4, 2017
>> 7:30 PM
>> Stationary
>> 30 Minutes
>> All birds reported? No
>> Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.5.4 Build 149
>>
>> 200 Common Nighthawk -- Kettle of birds high in the sky. Obvious migration
>>
>> Number of Taxa: 1
>>

>> James Poling, Black Mountain, NC

Join us on Facebook!