Date: 9/4/17 7:57 pm
From: Joe Sweeney <sweeneyfit...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Nice, safe route to view Swallow-tailed Gull at Point Wells
Thanks to Ryan Merrill for finding the Swallow-tailed Gull on Aug 31 at Carkeek, and thanks to the amazing number of birders since then who have helped track this gullís wanderings.

If the Swallow-tailed Gull continues to hang out at Point Wells, then I recommend - as John Puschock suggested yesterday - walking the pleasant 2-mile beach route north from Richmond Beach Park (just be sure to avoid high tide). Starting from Richmond Beach Park, you wonít need to step over the railroad tracks and risk a fine and/or your life. Also, you just might see a few other birds along the beach.

If the gull is at Point Wells, the view from Kayu Kayu Park is too darn far, in my opinion, even with a high powered scope. Walk the beach instead and enjoy great close up views of this beautiful gull.

Hereís my eBird checklist (with photos) from Point Wells this morning:

Joe Sweeney
NE Seattle
sweeneyfit at mac dot com

sweeneyfit.wordpress.com