Date: 9/4/17 7:51 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Otis Swisher
A great guy. I first met him, as Dave Irons did, when I was a teen birder in the 1970s. Unlike Dave, I missed the Black-chinned Sparrow the year they nested on Roxy Ann, though I am morally certain that the female flew past me….

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>

Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Sep 4, 2017, at 7:48 PM, James Billstine <billstinj...> wrote:
>
> When I was in the Rogue Valley five years ago Otis would accompany local outings for part of the morning I believe I saw my lifer White-Tailed Kite while he was along on a wintry day near Denman; I am glad we could share that together. He had some great stories, and I believe he found an Indigo Bunting singing smack in the middle of Medford just a few years ago.
>
> That I would hope to have his memories in the next 40 years, as he has had over his lifetime, would be a hope and a life to live for.
>
> --
> James Billstine
>
> http://wingsaroundtheumpqua.blogspot.com/ <http://wingsaroundtheumpqua.blogspot.com/>

Join us on Facebook!