Date: 9/4/17 7:13 pm
From: Lloyd Davies <ldavies...>
Subject: Roseatte Spoonbill found it!
Got to the wetlands east of Inman at 9th and Arrowhead just past 7 pm. Two
women there said they had spotted it but it had flown east a short time
before so I started walking the trail to the dike. At least a good 2/3 of
the way down to the other end of the dike, after passing pool after pool of
many other birds - gulls, egrets, herons - came upon the spoonbill seining
back and forth in the water with its bill. Very active fishing. After
watching it in the binoculars and then taking a few more steps down the
dike, it took off to the east, circled slowly back west and came right
towards me, flying about 15 feet over my head and then landed about half way
back in the pools along the dike with some gulls and ducks and continued
feeding. Very pink. Stood out with all the white egrets around. Could see
the bill very distinctly in flight.

Very, very cool.

Lloyd Davies

Marion, Kansas