Date: 9/4/17 7:09 pm
From: T Loefke <brackenbadger...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Painted Bunting & Frigatebird
At around 1:20 this afternoon (Sep 4th) we had amazing views of both the male and female Frigatebirds from the southwest end of Shelter Island. The pair soared the length of Point Loma twice while we watched them. When we left, two other birders were still watching them.

We then continued on to the TRV community gardens. The continuing female type Painted Bunting is still present and hanging around roughly the same area.
We found it at around 2:30pm. The bird flew from roughly the center of gardens and landed somewhere in the willows between the community gardens and butterfly gardens. It did not re-emerge while we were there, but we heard it's chip note call later.

--Trysten Loefke
Valley Center

Join us on Facebook!