Date: 9/4/17 6:27 pm
From: Lisa Hug <lisahug...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Bodega Farm Pond, etc.
Hi Birders,

This morning about 7:30, there were 8 Wilson's Phalaropes on Bodega Farm
Pond. There was also a Black-necked Stilt. While the stilt is not a
rare bird, I knew I had not seen one there before, and it is also the
first one to show up in the ebird Bodega Farm Pond hotspot bar chart.

I did not have much luck finding any landbird vagrants at the Bodega Bay
vagrant traps. I did have 1 MacGillivray's Warbler at Campbell Cove.
There was a smattering of yellow warblers and warbling vireos around. A
few other birders were around and they may have had better luck than I.

There were 2 beautiful Marbled Murrelets in nonbreeding adult plumage
not too far off Bodega Head (you would still need a scope, but they
weren't too bad).

This week could be exciting though.

Lisa Hug
Sebastopol Ca

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)