Date: 9/4/17 6:21 pm
From: <flix...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Presidio: Black-throated Sparrow

This morning I greeted the cooler milder weather by starting an early 7 am count at Kobbe and Upton and slowly wounded my way on foot to Battery Caulfield and Washington where I and a group of birders found the juvenile Black-throated Sparrow. Very special thanks to Jonah and his mom, Susanna for graciously allowing a throng of birders to invade their home patch. In addition to focusing on the bird I had lots of fun watching their neighbor reactions as strangers with tripods and scopes and binoculars are running to and fro pass their residences peering here and there for a glimpse of a “tiny brown job”!

Good Birding,
Felix Rigau

Join us on Facebook!