Date: 9/4/17 4:30 pm
From: G & J Fenton Friesen <friesen.fenton...>
Subject: SW KS
My brother Eric and I toured a few SW Kansas counties today and yesterday
birding a bit. Best spots included Lakeview Playa east of Meade with a
moderate mix of water birds (Ibis, a coot, Blue-winged Teal, Mallard and a
single dowitcher I'm still sorting out but leaning to juvenile short-billed
based on amount of color in the tertials). Songbirds were rather quiet.
The most interesting spot was Arkalon Park by Liberal with a very
photogenic and posing Roadrunner and a lone Olive-sided Flycatcher. The
park also had many Red-headed Woodpeckers.

Gregg Friesen

--
Gregg & Joanna Fenton Friesen
Newton, KS