Date: 9/4/17 2:26 pm
From: John Sullivan <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender Oropendolas for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Fern Ridge Shorebird Habitat - Marbled Godwits
Hello All,

Well, I was wrong about the pumps continuing to pump water into the Royal Observation Platform Pond throughout the weekend. They are shut off. There is a tiny bit of exposed mud at the south end of the pond along the platform dike and a spit of mud extending out from Pelican Island out in the middle of the pond. A few birds were there early this afternoon:

Semipalmated Plover - 2
Killdeer - 1
Western Sandpiper - 50 on Pelican Island
Long -billed Dowitcher - 20
Greater Yellowlegs - 1
Lesser Yellowlegs - 1

The Wildlife Area HQ Pond on the South side of Hwy 126 looks excellent right now and had a bunch of birds this morning:

Greater White-fronted Goose - 10
Great Egret - 70
Semipalmated Plover - 4
Killdeer - 2
MARBLED GODWIT - 9! (3 was my previous high count for FRR)
Least Sandpiper - 12
Western Sandpiper - 300
Short-billed Dowitcher - 6
Long-billed Dowitcher 70