Date: 9/4/17 2:10 pm
From: Steve Huggins <sjhuggins1209...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Burnham & Big Marsh - Mon 9/4/17
Al Stokie has pretty much wrapped up the birding highlights from Burnham Prairie FP this morning, a couple of additional species of note were an immature Red-shouldered Hawk that was perched in the dead trees at the North end of the entrance pool. Also a Solitary Sandpiper to add to Al’s shorebird list. From there I headed to Big Marsh, two ducks that did a fly-over turned out to be Northern Pintails probably my bird of the day! A Peregrine flew over as i was about to leave. Not much else of note here, Mute Swans, Caspian Terns, BCNight-Herons etc - I have to admit the reed beds look impressive but I really do miss the annual mud-flats at this site :( imagine how good they would be now that we have great access to the area.

Full list: http://www.igoterra.com/rs.asp?userid=283&d=2017-09-04 <http://www.igoterra.com/rs.asp?userid=283&d=2017-09-04>

Cheers
Steve Huggins
Chicago IL