Date: 9/4/17 2:02 pm
From: David Govatski <david.govatski...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bay-breasted Warblers in Stark
We bushwhacked up the appropriately named Devil's Slide in Stark on Monday. At the top we had a warbler mini-fallout that included at least 4 bay-breasted, 4 Tennessee and 2 blackpoll warblers, plus several red-eyed vireos. A couple of turkey vultures were noted flying by the cliffs. There is a steep trail that comes up the gentler west side that we took down. The rocky ridge at the top of the cliffs are dominated by red pine, red spruce, white cedar, and red oak and provide fabulous views. Stark is an iconic NH town located in Coos County, NH. The covered bridge and spectacular setting is a favorite with photographers and visitors.

David Govatski
Jefferson, NH