Date: 9/4/17 12:35 pm
From: 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Northern Bobwhite, Park Hall, St. Mary's County, 9/3/17
Jane Kostenko and I stopped at a yard sale on the way to docent duty at Historic St. Mary's City. We immediately heard a NOBO calling from behind the house near corn fields. I asked the woman holding the sale if they were cage birds and she said they were wild and were usually around somewhere behind their house. Bird calls twice in audio at 3 and 17 seconds.

https://soundcloud.com/jtylerbell/voice-170903

The only other reliable spot, that I know of, in St. Mary's County, for NOBO, is Long Neck Road. If anyone would like to try for this bird, park at the lot just beyond the orange road sign with a bend to the right and 30 mph on southbound Rt. 5. There's an abandoned house there and you should be able to see the corn field on the south side of the road. Might not be able to see the bird but should easily hear it. If you get to the Green Door, you've overshot.

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland