Date: 9/4/17 10:55 am
From: Aaron G <aarongyllenhaal...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Park 566 Lakewatch
Hey all,

This morning I did a lakewatch from Park 566 on the south side of Chicago. The highlights were as follows:

62 Common Terns
5 Forster's Terns
20 Black Terns (new site bird #234)
2 Ruddy Turnstones
1 Greater Yellowlegs
2 Semipalmated Plovers
36 Blue-winged Teal (plus 40 teal sp)
7 Northern Shovelers
1 Gadwall
3 Red-breasted Mergansers

Everything on this list was a flyby except for the Mergansers. Other highlights included Sora, Bobolink, and Grasshopper Sparrow. The conditions tomorrow look even better (very similar to the conditions the day I had a Sabine's Gull here a few years ago), so I would recommend coming here to lakewatch. The spot I stood at today was the northeast corner of the park. For parking and access details, read this blog post I made:

http://birdingbynumber.blogspot.com/2014/12/87th-st-steel-mills.html?m=0

Aaron Gyllenhaal
Oak Park, IL

Sent from my iPhone