Date: 9/4/17 6:34 am
From: Alan Buriak <a_buriak...>
Subject: Black Tern - Armstrong County
Yesterday Theo Rickert submitted an eBird checklist for Crooked Creek Lake with pictures of a bird that he left unidentified due to uncertainty, and it's listed as gull sp:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the bird appears to actually be a nonbreeding Black Tern. This would appear to be the first ever entry for the species in the eBird database for Armstrong County. This is the same mudflat where I had and initially misIDed the Baird's Sandpiper a couple weeks ago. Which by the way, thanks to those on the list that very promptly gave me a confirmation on the Baird's ID.

Good birding,
Alan Buriak
Gibsonia, Allegheny County