Date: 9/3/17 6:35 pm
From: David Lipsy <dlipsy...>
Subject: [NHBirds] 09-02-17 Exeter WWTP Images - Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Ring-necked Gull, Greater Yellowlegs, Semipalmated Sandpipers, Peregrine Falcon, Blue Winged Teal.
Hello all,

I had a fun day out yesterday. Steve Bennett came by as well as a cameo appearance by Steve and Jane Mirick.
The lighting was great for both scope viewing and photography. The shorebirds were put up a few times by a Peregrine that seemed to be simply scanning the neighborhood as no real attempts were made on the peeps.

Here is a link to just a few of the 800+ images I took. (10 frames) I hope you enjoy them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65293799@N04/albums/72157688084016036 <https://www.flickr.com/photos/65293799@N04/albums/72157688084016036>

This day also marked the first day I took my new power wheelchair out into the field for a shoot. The chair worked very well… I can't say the same for me and the ramp. I messed up on the trajectory in lining it up at the top... one of the balancing wheels caught the far lip... I almost lost the thing over the side, but I was able to slowly slide it to the ground without blowing my back out again (I think), and hopefully not damaging the chair underside in the process

I plan to get a power lift installed in my truck as soon as I raise enough $$ for it. (If anyone is interested in donating, please contact me off list for the links to the two fundraising sites. Still another $2,500.00 or so to go). That will solve that problem. I did end up tweaking my lower lumbar region a bit, so today I spent against a heating pad editing this shoot. I don’t think I will be heading out alone again until I get that lift. I can’t wait! Thank you to Steve Bennett for standing by as I got the chair back up the ramp and into the truck.

I hand held the 500mm… I am going to need to figure out a way to make a mount to hold a monopod with a gimbal head in such a way I can keep it out of the way of viewing until needed. Some well placed tubes should give me what I need to start off with. One also to hold the tripod for my scope as well. I’ll have the chair all tricked out soon enough.

Good Birds and great Skies to all.
David

David Lipsy
Eagle Eye Photography
Eagle Eye Sports Photography
Nature & Sports Photographic Services
Concord, NH

Email: <dlipsy...> <mailto:<dlipsy...>Website: http://davidlipsy.zenfolio.com/ <http://davidlipsy.zenfolio.com/>
Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/65293799@N04/sets/ <http://www.flickr.com/photos/65293799@N04/sets/>

Portfolio - ViewBug - A Selection of my Best Work:
http://www.viewbug.com/member/davidlipsy <http://www.viewbug.com/member/davidlipsy>

Select Prints are available thru Fine Arts America:
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/david-lipsy/shop?page=1 <http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/david-lipsy/shop?page=1>