Date: 9/3/17 6:31 pm
From: Ed Swan <edswan2...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Bar-tailed, Hudsonian, and Marbled Godwits at Semiahmoo

Saw Doug Brown's post on Whatcom Birds about godwits and had a chance to stop at Semiahmoo. All three species hung out with several hundred Black-bellied Plover, some dowitchers, turnstones and I heard from others that a Red Knot might be there as well.
Come to the Washington Ornithological Society conference at Semiahmoo 21-24 September and these birds might still be here.
Talk about a ridiculous nemesis bird, the Bar-tailed Godwit disappeared every time I went down to Tokeland over the last thirty years. Until now I had to be satisfied with a lifer sighting by Cape Town half a world away. Finally got it onĀ

Ed Swan
Nature writer and guide
www.theswancompany.com
<edswan2...>