Date: 9/3/17 5:46 pm
From: Gary Bowman <otus44...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Cane Ridge Lesser Black-backed Gull and Sanderlings
Lisa and I checked Saunder's Woods and then Cane Ridge today. Saunder's had surprisingly little to offer; Blackburnian, Redstart, and Parula.

All sightings at Cane Ridge were seen from the observation platform. Best was an immature Lesser Black-backed Gull. I imagine the one Bob Meier had last week. Around 30 American White Pelicans, and thirty plus Caspian Terns, four Forster's Terns, one female Northern Pintail, a decent group of shorebirds including 4 juv Sanderlings, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, as well as Pectoral, Semipalmated, Least, and Stilt Sandpipers and Semipalmated Plovers. Of note, the water level is still pretty high so almost all shorebirds
were quite a ways out and a scope is definitely needed.

Gary and Lisa Bowman
Vincennes

Join us on Facebook!