Date: 9/3/17 5:49 pm
From: Nancy Howell <NHowell...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Birding Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve
Despite the cool temperatures, overcast skies and slight sprinkles, the Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve had some good species today, Sunday, Sept. 3, from 8:15 to 11:30 AM. It will, no doubt get better as weather systems bring in birds. If you go on Labor Day, watch the traffic from the Cleveland Air Show. Here is the list I had from today:

Canada Goose 2

Mallard 5

Double -crested Cormorant 19

Great Blue Heron 3

Cooper's Hawk 1

Ring-billed Gull 12

Herring Gull 6

Mourning Dove 2

Chimney Swift 15

Red-bellied Woodpecker 2

Downy Woodpecker 3

Northern Flicker 8

Eastern Wood-Pewee 3

Least Flycatcher 1

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 1

Eastern Phoebe 1

Great Crested Flycatcher 1 Unusual plumage in that it had patches of white feathers on the belly and the patches of light colored feathers on the wings were almost a pale yellow, but the rest of the bird appeared to have normal colored plumage. Keep an eye out for it.

Warbling Vireo 4

Red-eyed Vireo 2

Swallow sp. Too far away to tell

Black-capped Chickadee 5