Date: 9/3/17 3:23 pm
From: Wm Voss <bellafortuni...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Hummingbird hybrid?
I was shooting at the Fullerton Arboretum yesterday and a odd hummer
landed on a twig just in front of me. I am used to the Allen's, Anna's,
and very occasional Rufous there, but this had very different
coloration. It was large, more like a mature Anna's, than an Allen's. I
could not get a clear shot of its back, but there was just a small
scattering of green feathers between its wings and along its shoulders.
The throat feathers were yellow-gold in color, not orange or red. Anyone
seen the like before? A hybrid?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~silversmiths/Birds/Hummer.jpg

Wm Erik Voss
Fullerton

------------------------------------
Posted by: Wm Voss <bellafortuni...>
------------------------------------

Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own risk. Please consult the standard reference books for proper bird identification & currently accepted names. Please do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in lieu of names. Both scientific and/or common names of birds are acceptable.

All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California (nowhere else!). Your posts must include both a clear subject line *and* your name *and your city of residence*. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the sender put on moderated status. Repeat offenders will be banned.

To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives at:

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)