Date: 9/3/17 3:24 pm
From: 'Robert D. Hughes' <rhughes.enteract...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Buff-breasted and Stilt Sandpipers and Connecticut Warbler, 9/3 a.m.
I spent a couple hours at Montrose Point in Chicago this morning,
September 3. The highlight for me, hands down, was the cooperative
juvenile Buff-breasted Sandpiper on the beach. I haven't seen a Buffy at
Montrose in a few years, and I hadn't seen one yet this fall, so I was
fairly excited (thanks for the text, Fran M). The bird was working the
north side of the fluddle with a few other shorebirds, including a young
Stilt Sandpiper, another good shorebird for Montrose. My passerine
highlight was a Connecticut Warbler in the dune willows. These willows
have proven, both spring and fall, to be an excellent migrant trap. I
ended up with "only" 39 species, but when 2 of those are Buff-breasted
Sandpiper and Connecticut Warbler you shut up and count your blessings.
I posted photos of the Buff-breasted and Stilt Sandpipers on the
Illinois Birding Network Facebook page, URL below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/illinosbirding/

Robert D. Hughes
Chicago, Illinois
Birding Montrose Point:
http://theorniphile.info/birding-montrose-point/index.html
The Montrose Birding Blog: http://theorniphile.info/wordpress/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/robertdhughes63
Montrose on eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L161180

Posted by: "Robert D. Hughes" <rhughes.enteract...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)