Date: 9/3/17 11:43 am
From: <peterschneekloth...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Greater Roadrunner
I took a walk around Gaviota State Park this morning. No passerine migrants were found. A single Wandering Tattler was on the beach just west of the pier. A close up Canyon Wren and a duo of Greater Roadrunners were the highlights on a walk out to the fennel patch. I lost sight of the Roadrunners and one reappeared perched on a snag just overhead. I caught some pretty cool video of it doing bill chatter, I had never seen or heard before so was fun to watch the show. I managed a short video for those interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/36817261826/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/36817261826/in/dateposted-public/

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton

Join us on Facebook!