Date: 9/3/17 7:10 am
From: Lisa Dziuban <dziubanlisa...>
Subject: Birds of the Lehigh Valley book
I recently purchased this book from the Lehigh Valley Audubon Society and would like to commend them on publishing this gem of a birding guide. I am sure many of you have read this book and are familiar with the birding locations mentioned. I was only familiar with them from my readings of the posts on this listserv. The book covers a 20 sq mile area centered on the Lehigh Valley Intl Airport which encompasses 8 counties.
Each birding location includes maps, very detailed driving directions, birds seen during migration, or locally, common/uncommon, etc.
Parks, trails, nature centers are listed and where to obtain their respective guides and maps of their trails on site.
The book I received is the revised 2014 edition. I purchased it through LVAS's website and received it very promptly. I am so glad I finally ordered this book and I plan to visit many of the places listed.
This has prompted me to wonder how many other local birding guides are out there? Does anyone else have one to recommend for the state of Pennsylvania? Would be fun to collect one from every county...if you have any recommendations you can email me privately or through the list. Thanks,

Lisa Dziuban
Plumstead Twp., Bucks

Join us on Facebook!