Date: 9/3/17 6:12 am
From: Joe Lill <trptjoe...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET: Sabine's Gulls @ Carlyle (none on Saturday)
Just an update: an all-star gathering of birders failed to find a Sabine's Gull at Lake Carlyle on Saturday. There were birders present all day, but we had no luck with the Gull.
In the early afternoon from the pavilion at Hazlet State Park, Jill Anderson and I had great views of a Parasitic Jaeger harassing gulls and flying in and out among the sailboats. It was north of Point 18.
Later in the afternoon when the birders gathered at their pavilion roost, a Laughing Gull was seen at close range, Bonaparte's Gulls were seen toward the southeast end, and many Black Terns were working the eastern side. Jill and I had a Sanderling at the west spillway marina just after noon.
It was great to see everyone, and I learned that one can pish up a mink!

Joe Lill
Chicago, Cook County

> On Sep 2, 2017, at 11:45 AM, Craig <tnemec1...> wrote:
>
> Due to unforeseen circumstances (oh deer!),
> I arrived at 11:09 am.
>
> Gulls are WAY out north, not many at south end.
>
> I did have a large dark Gull flying with purpose up high. I followed it and it dive bombed a Gull down low. Eventually lost it, but be on lookout for jaeger sp.
>
> Sent from my cellular device
>
> Craig Taylor

Posted by: Joe Lill <trptjoe...>

<*> Your email settings: