Date: 9/3/17 4:52 am
From: Alan Buriak <a_buriak...>
Subject: Semipalmated Sandpiper - Allegheny County
This morning there is a Semipalmated Sandpiper at the mudflats of North Park Lake at the SW corner of the lake next to Gold Star Mothers Wetland. Unfortunately Lakeshore Dr is closed this morning probably for a 5k race, so I had to park on the opposite side near the end of Old Ingomar Rd and climb down the hillside to get a view of the mudflats. The hill is steep and muddy. Also the Semipalmated Plover that I reported last night at Marshall Lake continues this morning. Finally North Park shows a tiny bit of shorebird love!

Good birding,

Alan Buriak
Gibsonia,
Allegheny County