Date: 9/2/17 10:43 pm
From: Diane Hichwa <dhichwa...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [NBB] McNear Brickyard
At Stewarts Point: last night Sept 1 we were able to take one photograph of
part of the group, print it, and count 370 swifts in that single photo.
The birds are now finished entering the chimney by 8:05 p.m. (in mid August
they finished entry by 8:20)

Two people went this morning Sept 2 to see if they could catch them coming
out, and direction of movement, but from 6:20 a.m. To 7:30 a.m. they saw no
swifts.
They are going back‹ earlier---- tomorrow morning‹trying 5:30 a.m.

Tonight Sept 2 we could watch a large group swooping near the redwoods on
the E side of Hwy 1 and near a house with a brick chimney, but saw none go
into it.
The group seemed to move across the street and entered the usual chimney in
the old hotel.

Diane Hichwa

Email: <dhichwa...>

Telephone: 707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
707-483-3130 (cell)
More Tail Wagging!!! Less Barking!!
Millie 2007

From: <northbaybirds...> on behalf of "Rusty Scalf
<rscalf...> [northbaybirds]" <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Date: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 9:57 PM
To: <northbaybirds...>
Subject: [NBB] McNear Brickyard

McNear Brickyard, San Rafael
Vaux's Swift Counts this season:

Aug 7 ............. 0
Aug 12 .......... 0
Aug 14 .......... 0
Aug 16 .......... 0
Aug 17 .......... 9
Aug 19 .......... 12
Aug 24 ......... 120
Aug 25 ......... 220
Aug 26 ......... 280
Aug 28 ........ 1360
Aug 29 ........ 3325
Aug 30 ........ 2190
Sept 1 ..........1762
Sept 2 .......... 2735

Diane Hichwa's report from Stewarts Point has created great interest.
If anyone knows more please post or let me know.

Rusty Scalf
Berkeley, CA

Join us on Facebook!