Date: 9/2/17 7:13 pm
From: Lovelace, Glen (DelDOT) <Glen.Lovelace...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Queen Anne's Co. 9/1
Good evening,

After enjoying the fantastic assemblage of shorebirds at Swan Creek, I escaped across the bridge before traffic got bad. Since the day remained cloudy, but the north wind subsided, I thought I might be able find some warblers in the afternoon. I chose Wye Island as my spot because an abundance of edge habitat. The idea worked as I was able to find several active flocks. The migrants consisted mostly of Redstarts and gnatcatchers, but I was able to find 2 Magnolias and a Black-throated Green. But the best migrant was a Veery found on the Ferry Trail.

?Later, I checked Central Sod Farms on John Brown Rd. Numerous Killdeer, Horned Lark and Dove with a smattering of other shorebirds in the northeast field - 12 Least and 1 Semi Sand, 2 Black-bellied Plover and an early Snipe.

Good birding,

Glen Lovelace III

Seaford, DE