Date: 9/2/17 11:55 am
From: Tom Wood <tcwood729...>
Subject: [wisb] Wind Lake sod farms this morning (Racine County)
There was one Buff-breasted Sandpiper north of Burmeister Road at the Wind
Lake sod farms this morning. It was very far back from the road and I would
not have seen it without the help of John D. and other members of the Hoy
Bird Club. Thanks, guys and gals! As John mentioned, the Buff-breasted
Sandpipers seem to prefer areas of dirt and weeds where the sod has been
harvested and do not appear on the grass as often as they used to.
I should have kept up with the Hoy club because they found 4 more
Buff-breasted Sandpipers on the east side of CTH S, but they were gone when
I caught up with the group.
We also saw a few American Golden Plovers and lots of Brewer's Blackbirds.
Everything is on the move, so stop frequently and scope as far back as you
can because the Buff-breasted Sandpipers don't come up close to the car like
they used to.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County

http://www.avg.com