Date: 9/2/17 11:24 am
Subject: American Golden plovers
I found just now a group of four plovers at the Vandemark sod farm on hwy 33 at I-95 as reported by Ricky Davis yesterday. They were in the grass strip closest to I-95. I pulled off the road at gate A. They show up as being dark and stand out against the sod. I assumed they were crows initially.

A Northern harrier was present initially and it flushed a large flock of small birds. I saw four horned lark in that area so that is likely what the flock was. I also saw a couple of peeps with the killdeer so might have been a flock of those also.

Visibility was very poor due to fog and drizzle but it was very birdy here.

Ann Brice
Currently at Whitakers NC

Ann Brice. 252.373.0326. Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!