Date: 9/2/17 10:38 am
From: <rogerschoedl...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Northern Waterthrush
Overall a slow day at Huntington Central Park.

I did hear the sharp chink notes of a NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH. First heard toward the NE corner of Talbert Lake but flew south just as I got to the spot. I briefly heard it later when it flew past me into the Island slough from the lake.

A MacGillivray's Warbler was also skulking around the west end of the Island slough.

I heard a handful of intermittent "spink" notes in the willows around Loren's Ditch but was unable to get a visual to verify whether it was the Lucy's Warbler continuing on or just a Nashville.

Note the annual Civil War reenactment is this weekend so the park is busy and very noisy.

Roger Schoedl
Huntington Beach

Join us on Facebook!