Date: 9/2/17 10:29 am
From: Jamie Chavez <almiyi...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Jim May Park Birds
At Jim May Park in Santa Maria this morning I had a single adult CHIPPING
SPARROW on the lawn, and a WILSON'S SNIPE flew out of the lake. The only
real bird of interest was a beautiful Fischer's Lovebird which was quite
vocal but amazingly difficult to find in a sycamore tree on the east side
of the lake. It took me several minutes to find it despite the fact that it
was squawking the entire time. A couple of western warblers were in the
lerpy eucalyptus trees above the spillway but nothing of note.

Lovebird photo (these don't go on my eBird lists):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/almiyi/36794810026/

Jamie M. Chavez
Santa Maria, CA

Join us on Facebook!