Date: 9/2/17 9:37 am
From: <brian...>
Subject: L. Crabtree - WR Sandpiper, Laughing Gull, Oriole
good morning,

Sheree’ and I took a quick walk around the main park area this morning at Lake Crabtree.  Started right out with a White-rumped Sandpiper fly-by at the grassy field. It came past us twice offering clear views of white rump, made a few calls, then took off across the lake.  Later on our walk we spotted the continuing Laughing Gull off from the boat rental area.  One other nice bird, a Baltimore Oriole seen in the large partially leafless tree at the entrance to the west trail.  The park has mowed EVERYTHING down along the shoreline, opening things up for some species, ruining habitat for others.

Brian Murphy
Durham,NC

Join us on Facebook!