Date: 9/2/17 9:16 am
From: Dan Singer <dsg2...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Outer Point Reyes - Friday, 1 Sep
Birders,

Yesterday there was a nice selection of migrants at the Lighthouse and, to a lesser extent, at the Fish Docks. Activity was difficult to detect after 10am. Highlights included a Brewer’s Sparrow and female Rose-breasted Grosbeak at the Lighthouse and one or two Tennessee Warblers at the Fish Docks. Migrants were in low numbers but I was pleased with the diversity. E.g. Western Wood-Pewee, Willow, Western and Ash-throated Flycatcher, three swallow species, Blue-gray Gnatcather, Yellow and Black-throated Gray warblers, Western Tanager and Bullock’s Oriole at the Lighthouse.

Rob O’Donnell was out there as well and saw a Chestnut-sided and Hermit Warbler from the Fish Docks after I left. Rob also alerted me to an early-for-the-OP American Wigeon at the Mendoza pond.

It was hot out there!

Dan Singer

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)